Thursday, March 15, 2012

Songs About Mental Illness

Recently I put together a list of songs that I like to listen to when I am feeling nuts. I have bipolar disorder and frequently swing between hypomania to depression

Crazy Cool Songs
Below is the list of songs I gravitate to. Some help me deal with my demons. Some are just fun. Each title below is a link to that song in iTunes. "Do You" by Jolie Holland is my favorite, but Daniel Johnston's (artist with bipolar disorder & schizophrenia) "Funeral Home" can always make me smile. I will continually be adding to and changing out songs, based on what my current faves are.


In addition to my picks, here are links to a few webpages that have more general and complete lists of songs that relate to mental illness:
What is your favorite song about mental illness, or song that you relate to when you are feeling unbalanced?

No comments:

Post a Comment